Begging v. Raising
Saturday, November 05, 2005
I never forward email, no matter how funny it is. This, however, deserves to be shared with any who might appreciate it:
You know you're from Connecticut when...
- You have hiked up a big hill or small mountain at least once for a keg party.
- You thought everyone couldn't buy beer after 8 pm
- You actually thought that New Haven was big.
- You or someone you know has attended a CSU.
- You still think that the Whalers are cool.
- You have been to Misquamicut and to that little hot dog place.
- There is a farm within miles of your house.
- Your high school thanksgiving football game was the highlight of your school year.
- You don't have an accent when you talk.
- You have known at least 2 preppy rich kids from Fairfield who listen to Phish.
- You love Geoff Fox, but can't stand Ann Nyberg.
- UConn basketball rules and no one can tell you different.
- You have deer in your backyard.
- You still don't understand why people say that Connecticut is the richest state.
- You have been drunk at the Meadows and don't remember the concert.
- You go to Six Flags at least once a summer.
- You're glad the Patriots didn't come to Hartford.
- Your town has a Green.
- You think New Jersey was a toxic waste dump.
- You hang out at Denny's.
- You've partied at bonfires.
- You have at least one friend with a pickup.
- You've been to Cape Cod.
- You think the Connecticut River is endless.
- The town diner is the only place open after midnight.
- You have at least 4 friends who drive Jeep Grand Cherokees.
- You root for the Red Sox (east) or Yankees (west).
- If anybody asks, you're from just outside of New York.
- You have both girlfriends and guyfriends with the same name as you.
- You go to the diner late night to post party.
- You can proudly tell an outsider about Nutmeg.
- You have to explain Cow Tipping to people from out of state.
- When you go to a real city, you sincerely feel bad for every poor / homeless person you see.
- You get pissed at anyone who doesn't know how to drive in the snow.
- You can name all the members of the UCONN men's and women's basketball teams.
- You still can't find your way in Hartford (except for that bar area near Union Station).
- You hold the door open for someone and they don't say "Thank You."
- You own a golden or a lab.
- You own real Oakley's.
- You only know Westbrook and Clinton because they have good outlets.
- You don't think you're a yuppie, but the rest of the country does.
- You only ski in Vermont.
- Your mother is the head of the PTA.
- There is absolutely nothing to do in the winter.
- You live twenty minutes form either an Abercrombie & Fitch, J. Crew, or GAP.
- You sail, or know someone who does.
- You don't understand why everyone else has not been to Europe.
- You can't get through the week with out a Coffee Coolata.
- Your family owns more cars than legal drivers.
- School attire is a North Face fleece jacket, an Eddie Bauer or L.L. Bean back pack, a plaid shirt, khakis, and Doc Martins.
- Summer footwear is either Reefs or Birks.
- You carry your keys on a carabineer, but you don't know how to rock climb.
- You feel for the homeless, but are not willing to give up the golf course land to develop a homeless shelter.
- As a child you took horseback riding, golfing, tennis and swimming lessons.
- You grew up wanting to be a lifeguard.
- The state is so small you know where all the speed traps are.
- You can't understand why people don't understand what your talking about when you refer to a "package" store (or "packy").
- You went to prep school even though your public schools are awesome.
- People actually wear sweaters around their necks.
- You know of at least one person who's house was totally trashed after a huge party.
- You have at least one friend whose house was built in the 1800's (or 1700's).
- You live in a huge colonial.
- You know at LEAST one person who has been pulled over and found to have weed in their car.
- The only overcrowding is of deer in your backyard.
- Your house would cost half as much in any other state.
- Your wardrobe contains at least three pairs of cords and five wool sweaters.
- Half of your friends are from another town because yours is so small.
- You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Connecticut.
posted by hilary at 7:25 PM |
Links to this post: